Bowen Golf Club
(07) 4785 1206 | Golf Links Road, Bowen Bowen Golf course is a fantastic 9 hole, 18 tee, links style seaside course that is both rewarding and challenging to golfers of all levels. The reward is just walking around this beautiful course, the challenges come with mother nature and the strong winds she provides to this area.
Bowen Bowls Club
(07) 4786 1196 | Livingstone Street, Bowen The Club has full overhead perminant coverage protecting players from sun and rain. The playing surface is synthetic carpet with the surrounds synthetic grass. The Club has one Bowling Green and 174 members. It has been in continual use as a bowling club since 1922.
(07) 4786 1383 | Cnr Hay St & Queens Rd, Bowen Police-Citizens Youth Clubs (PCYC) is one of Queensland’s largest Sports, Recreational and Arts providers. Squash courts can be found at the new PCYC. Come down to PCYC Bowen and make a racquet at one of our squash classes.
Bowen Tennis Association
(07) 4785 1387 | Esplanade, Queens Beach, Bowen Bowen Tennis Association hosts 8 outdoor, non-cushioned hard courts. With lighted courts, it’s perfect for a hit day or night.
(07) 4786 3001 | 1/126 Soldiers Rd, Bowen
(07) 4786 1383 | Cnr Hay St & Queens Rd, Bowen
(07) 4785 1134 | 33 Murroona Street, Bowen
(07) 4786 6025 | 1 Thomas Street, Bowen
Port Denison Sailing Club
(07) 4786 1414 | 1 Thomas St, Bowen
North Queensland Cruising Yacht Club
(07) 4786 3490 | 1 Starboard Drive, Bowen
View some of the best fringing coral of the Queensland coast and an abundance of sea life right off the shore at many of the beaches.
Endless fishing opportunities are available – drop in a line or cast a net off the rocks or beach, at the end of the jetty or in a creek, or find a fishing charter for deep sea fishing.
With access to 74 Tropical Islands, Bowen is a short trip to Shute Harbour – the gateway to the islands.
Bowen Summergarden Cinemas
(07) 4785 1241 | 40 Murroona St, Bowen Providing a full cinema experience for Bowen and the Whitsundays since 1948.
View the bird life at Mullers Lagoon where more than 170 different species have been spotted.
Bowen has 25 historical Murals which are displayed throughout Bowen’s streets.
Mother Beddock lookout
Horseshoe Bay lookout
World War II lookout
Bowen Historical Society and Museum
(07) 4786 2035 | 22 Gordon Street, Bowen Bowen has always been proud of it’s pioneer history. Much has been preserved and is on display in the historical museum which has been described as one of the best country museums in the state.